Would you like to be part of an exciting new dance commission from Boy Blue, held under the glow of a 10 storey sculpture made of illuminated balloons? Well, it couldn’t be easier!
We’re looking for people of all ages, backgrounds, experience and abilities to come together in a large-scale dance performance, taking place on Saturday 18 July (once at 17:00 and again at 21:00) as part of Mini Burble‘s appearance at MediaCityUK, Salford.
No experience is necessary; all we ask is that you attend a few weekend rehearsals in the run-up to the performance.
The cast will be split into 6 groups for weekend rehearsals in the build up to the performance. The rehearsal space is Oasis Academy on The Quays: http://www.oasisacademymediacityuk.org
You will be asked to attend a 2.5 hour weekly rehearsal on the following dates (time slots to follow upon registering interest via email@example.com):
* Saturday 30th OR Sunday 31st May
* Saturday 6th OR Sunday 7th June
* Saturday 13th OR Sunday 14th June
* Saturday 20th OR Sunday 21st June
* Saturday 27th OR Sunday 28th June
* Saturday 4th OR Sunday 5th June
As we near production, the whole cast will join together & the rehearsal schedule will run on the following dates (exact times tbc) on site at MediaCityUK:
* Saturday 11th July (daytime rehearsal)
* Sunday 12th July (daytime rehearsal)
* Monday 13th July (Dress Rehearsal 1 – evening)
* Friday 17th July (Dress Rehearsal 2)
Performances will then take place at MediaCityUK on:
* Saturday 18th July – 5pm + 9pm
To register your interest, simply email: firstname.lastname@example.org and follow the instructions.
The project is bought to you by Quays Culture and Boy Blue, the award winning company who helped choreograph the London 2012 Olympics Opening Ceremony. This new hip-hop inspired commission brings together hundreds of dancers from across the North West and features a brand new urban soundtrack created especially for the performance.